Active and growing are two words that describe our Children’s Ministry. No matter what activity your child attends, “active” best describes the children learning more about God. The growth taking place at River Bend is not just in numbers, but more importantly, in the spiritual lives of children.
FIRST STEPS PRESCHOOL
Age group as of September 1, 2013
Ages 18 Mos to 3
Pre-K – age 4 prior to 9/1/13 or entering Kindergarten in the Fall of 2014.
First Steps Preschool (FSP) seeks to establish a nurturing environment where preschool children develop physically, emotionally, and spiritually. These children will learn the truth about God and the marvelous world He created.
Hours of Operation:
FSP meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
FSP follows the Lamar and Katy school district calendars except for the first and last day of school and Thanksgiving week.
The first day of school is September 10, 2013.
The last day of school will be May 22, 2014.
Please contact Lin Dismuke for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 281-346-2279
Sunday Morning Bible Study
Learn more about the Bible on Sunday mornings. Classes are available during both service times. Caring leaders share the promises of the Bible through age-appropriate activities and lessons.
9:00 a.m. Opportunities:
- Children’s Worship for children in Kindergarten to 3rd grade. This energetic alternative worship service encourages children to explore the Bible and apply it to their every day lives.
- Preschool Church is a Kid-Style Worship curriculum. Children 3 to 5 years old worship with multi-sensory experiences. They will sing, move, do crafts, hear Bible stories, and view life application videos to help them focus on the Lord and worship God in spirit and in truth.
10:30 a.m. Opportunites:
- Sunday School for preschool children
- Children’s Sunday School classes for Kindergarten through 5th grade
SUNDAY EVENING ACTIVITIES
Those in Pre-K through 5th grade will enjoy learning more about the Bible through games and other activities on Sunday nights at 5:00 p.m. The foundation of Awana is from Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Children will enjoy learning more about the Bible through games and other activities Sundays at 5:00 p.m.
TREK and Journey is part of the AWANA program for youth in grades 6 through 12. They meet Sunday nights at 4:00 p.m.
Sunday nights at 4:00 p.m., children 2nd through 5th grade can learn basic music reading as they play music that glorifies God. It is a great opportunity for beginnners.
WEDNESDAY EVENING ACTIVITIES
Preschool and Children’s Music
Our children’s music is designed to familiarize children with music. They will learn to play various instruments and sing. It’s fun, not study! This group meets on Wdenesday night from 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Preschool Music is for children ages 4-Kindergarten. Children’s Music is for children in grades 1st – 5th.
RA is a mission group for boys in grades 1st to 5th. They meet Wednesday nights from 7:15 to 8:00 p.m.
GA is a mission group for girls in grades 1st to 5th grade. They meet Wednesday nights from 7:15 to 8:00 p.m.
Each summer we offer a variety of activities for children such as:
- Vacation Bible School – week-long from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Children’s camp – three days of recreation and study
- Day trips – Moody Gardens, A.D. players, and other fun attractions
- Children’s Art Camp