Lord Send Me Ministries - Isaiah 6:8 "Here I am. Send me!"
John and Pam Boaz, River Bend members, established “Lord Send Me Ministries, Inc.” in September 2010. This non-profit organization exists to form an alliance of volunteers, personnel, and partners to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ, to support National and International churches, and offer assistance to a hurting humanity. During the cold months we collect blankets, shoes, socks, and coats (particularly for men), for the homeless in our area. Financial contributions, one-time or ongoing, can be sent to Lord Send Me Ministries, Inc., 34552 Park Green, Brookshire, TX 77423.
Prayers for 2022:
- Our number one need is finances.
- North Texas Division: New volunteers, as they have opened a food pantry that people can come to 5 days a week. They also cook 300 hot meals every Monday evening.
- Pray for our plans to take park hosting responsibilities in different state parks and find the people of peace, and start small groups of believers and/or new church plants.
- Leading team of 5-7 people to Mexico.
- Vision tour to Panama in the fall.
Visit LSMM website to learn more!
Ruth 1:16 But Ruth replied: Do not persuade me to leave you or go back and not follow you. For wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you live, I will live; your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.
The Boaz House is a six month faith-based women's rehab facility.
They help women find restoration in learning to rely on the Holy Spirit along with working a thorough recovery program. With the guidance of God, they help women find freedom from the bondage of sin.
Prayers for 2022:
- For Discernment and decision making
- For a new and bigger facility
- For financial support For the ladies to find freedom and for God to allow us the wisdom to lead them to freedom!
"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"
~ 2 Corinthians 5:17
Visit Boaz House website to learn how to get involved, donate needed items or seek help.
Lamentations 3:22 “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercy never comes to an end. Great is Thy faithfulness.”
The River Bend family has served through Family Hope sponsored events, including local food fairs and Angel Tree. Family Hope is the largest non-profit agency that exclusively serves northern Fort Bend County’s residents with medical assistance, food, rent and utility assistance, job searches, furniture and disaster relief. Their mission is, "Transforming hurting people into healthy families through the hope of God."
Prayers for 2022:
- Goal for 2022 is $200,000 for beds for immigrants coming to Katy, most of them from Venezuela.
- Four Amazing Things in 2021:
- Over 10,000 people were provided with healthy food
- Over 200 individuals attended Finance and Parenting Courses to strengthen their family
- 2,612 Volunteers sorted and shared food
- 1,000 pairs of shoes and backpacks gave children a brighter future before school
Visit Family Hope website to learn how to get help or to volunteer.
Ballard House's Mission is to provide temporary housing in our community with a warm, safe environment for individuals and their families who are hospitalized or receiving treatment for a serious medical condition. They graciously welcome a team from River Bend to prepare, and serve a Christmas meal each year, often with a bit of caroling to follow.
In 2021, Ballard House provided over 10,400 nights of free lodging; 68, 200 nights over the life of the charity. Volunteers donated over 4,900 hours of their time. 307 meals were provided to our guests by community groups. Thousands of dollars of supplies were donated by our supporters to The Ballard House.
Visit Ballard House website to learn more about our mission and how you can help.
Just Ride for a Just Cause
River Bend supports the annual Just Ride For A Just Cause bick ride on the west side of the Greater Houston area. The proceeds from the ride supports the fight against human trafficking. Just Ride for a Just Cause has ride options for everyone – from shorter family scenic rides to longer more challenging routes for the serious rider.
The Manna House is for those who want to CHANGE
Manna House is a nonprofit men's addiction recovery home and program based on biblical principles, the 12 Steps of Recovery, and Addiction Counseling. If you are trapped in the bondage of alcohol or drugs, and if you are sick and tired of the way your life is going and want to change it, Manna House can help.
"Manna House exists solely for the purpose of helping men get free from their addictions through practical, clinical, and biblical recovery curriculum and by introducing them to a relationship with Jesus Christ. We do this through an intensive 12 month program that promotes camaraderie and fellowship, increases accountability, and trains men in practical living that will stay with them the rest of their lives."
Prayers for 2022:
- Recovery program for men caught up in the bondage of addictions
- For those who need to surrender their lives to the Lord
- For provision needed to utilize the opportunity for a restored life at the Manna House
- For finances needed to improve the facilities and operate the Manna House
- For those who have volunteered to help teach and show the residents the right way to live
Visit Manna House website to learn how to get help or to volunteer.
We are actively involved in the lives of those in our church, but the community is another area where we want to show God’s love. Our members assist local groups such as Christ Clinic, Hope Impacts, KHCB, Embrace Grace - Build a Box, Rescue Houston, Lori Joiner Ministry, Prison Fellowships, Christian Motorcyclist Association: Run for the Son, Katy Christian Ministry, Fulshear Committee Outreach, and area churches. Throughout the year we invest our energies into activities that benefit the community such as:
- Sponsoring local children’s sports teams
- City of Fulshear events
- Partner with area ministries